As a holiday resort offering glass-roof acommodation, restaurant services and outdoor experiences with a focus on Northern Lights photography, we have a tremendous responsbility to nature and society at large.
The preservation of natural resources is at the core of our business concept. Thus, we sought to be certified by GreenKey.
We're working on laying the foundations for carbon neutrality in the near future. With this in mind, we have already implemented steps to reduce our emissions, such as:
- Meticulously sorting bio waste, plastic, paper, cardboard, metal, glass, deposit bottles, cans and problem waste;
- Actively reducing electricity consumption by installing motion senors that control lighting, dimming the lighting the restaurant during meal times, keeping electronics turned off when not in use, using a fireplace to generate heat and trapping in heat with auto-closing doors with an alert if not properly closed;
- Actively reducing water consumption by measuring the tap an shower water output and keeping it below six litres a minute, installing timers on the showers to avoid unnecessary water dispensation and keeping boilers at each cabin which limit the amount of time warm water lasts per usage;
- Selecting local produce for meal preparations to support local merchants and reduce the carbon footprint of ingredients.
Beyond our efforts to preserve the environment, we actively take measures for cultural preservation:
- We follow the Sámi Tourism Code of Ethics;
- We maintain and contribute to maintaining the safety of the routes we use on outdoor experiences;
- We condemn any and all kind of racial abuse and welcome everyone equally;
- We do not condone discrimination nor exploitation;
- We actively follow governmental guidelines.
The safety of our guests is of the utmost importance to us and we've developed COVID-19 prevention measures to ensure everyone has a safe, pleasant stay during the pandemic.
The resort is currently
closed and reopens on
the 1st of June
+358 164 691 200