How to get to the resort
1. Look for a flight to Ivalo Airport - there are often direct flights with Finnair and Norwegian Airlines. Alternatively, fly to Helsinki and take a domestic flight from Helsinki to Ivalo.
2. Upon arrival at the Ivalo Airport, there’s a public bus, which does not require a reservation and leaves approximately half an hour after every flight landing time. This airport shuttle takes you from the airport to Northern Lights Village. Alternatively, you may book airport transfers directly with us and we’ll be there waiting for you at the arrivals gate, holding a board with your name.
The above applies to return trips as well.
1. View timetables and tickets on www.matkahuolto.fi/en for all domestic bus connections and enter Saariselkä as the destination.
2. Upon arrival, we can arrange transportation to the resort for €5, -/person. When choosing this option, we recommend you leave the bus at the Tunturi hotel stop, which is 1km away from the resort and wait there for our transfer to arrive at the time you have agreed with our sales office.
3. Kiveliöntie is the closest public bus stop to the resort, only 350m away. When choosing this option, locate the petrol station and enter the tunnel towards west and thereafter turn right. We advise you to ponder this option carefully, as it may be challenging to drag luggage items in snowy and icy conditions.
1. Coming from the south, via Rovaniementie, you’ll arrive to Saariselkä approximately 257km after Rovaniemi. Ignore the first turn to the right and take a turn to the left thereafter, where you’ll find a Northern Lights Village sign.
2. We offer complimentary parking. You may park your vehicle on any vacated parking spot as these are not specifically assigned.
Book Airport Transportation Online
Carefully read the instructions
ARRIVAL DAY TRANSPORTATION Book [B1] Ivalo Airport - Northern Lights Village.
For which time should I book? Book for your exact landing time. We'll be there to pick you up.
Example: My flight landing time is 10:25. I book transportation for 10:25.
DEPARTURE DAY TRANSPORTATION Book [B2] Northern Lights Village - Ivalo Airport.
For which time should I book? Book for exactly 2 hours prior to take-off. The ride takes 30 minutes.
Example: My flight take-off time is 13:30. I book transportation for 11:30.
Direct Flights are available from Helsinki to Ivalo (for our Saariselkä resort) and to Kittilä (for our Levi resort)
Check out the flight routes